Chicken Tikka Delight
Here's a topping recipe from a pizzeria in Pakistan!
Chicken Tikka is not just easy-to-cook but tastes fabulous on pizza. Chicken Tikka (chunks) are marinated for some time in special spices and then charcoal grilled on skewers. This dish originated in central Asia and was brought India by the central Asian and Afghan Ruler. Nowadays this is the most popular dish in India, Pakistan, and other south Asian countries - as well as in UK.
Here are the ingredients you will require:
• 1 cup yoghurt (Fresher the better)
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
• 2 tbsps ginger paste
• 3 tbsps garlic paste
• 3-4 tbsps garam masala
• 6 peppercorns/2 dry red chilies powder or crushed
• 3 tbsps lime/lemon juice
• 1 chicken cut into 4 pieces (two breast and 2 legs)
• 2 onions cut into very thin rings
• Lemon slices to garnish
• 1 tsp Chaat Masala (available at ASDA, Tesco and Mr Patel’s corner shop)
• Grind all the ingredients (except chicken and yogurt) to a paste in a food processor.
• Put it into a large bowl and now add yoghurt. Mix it well. Drop chicken pieces and mix well. Leave the bowl in refrigerator. Allow to marinate for four hours or so
• Thread the chicken onto skewers. And fire up the charcoal in your BBQ trolley.
• Place the skewers on the grill or directly on edges of the trolley on red glowing charcoal let chicken browned on all sides and tender.
• Remove from skewers and Put the chicken and onion rings in a separate bowl and squeeze lime juice over them.
• Once cold enough de-bone the meat for your pizza topping.
• Adding some onion rings on the pizza top will double the taste!